Anarchaeology.com Forum Index Anarchaeology.com
Anarchaeology.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Classic Rockwall 1949 Excavation Gallery

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidCampbell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Classic Rockwall 1949 Excavation Gallery Reply with quote

Photos from Mr. Sanders' excavations in 1949 which were included in James Glenn's 1950 essay on the rock walls are now are now up in the Quivira Project galleries. As I mentioned on another thread here, Barrot Stephen Sanders was apparently too young to have been the excavator in 1949. Perhaps, Mr. Sanders identity will eventually be revealed along with any commentary he may have written at the time. Such a find would indeed be most illuminating, given the nature of his discoveries. It is possible that there is also more information in John Monroe's master's thesis at SMU written around 1949 as well on the geological origin of the buried walls. I have a copy of George Wilson's geology of the southern quadrangle of Rockwall County and it does have some intriguing comments on the walls which are at variance with Kelsey and Denton, though Wilson believed them to be entirely natural as well. The key elements seem to reside in private hands at this time and it is possible the secrets of the wall will die along with those who possess them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anarchaeology.com Forum Index -> Rockwall All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: