Anarchaeology.com Forum Index Anarchaeology.com
Anarchaeology.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Virginia Steen-McIntyre's Classic Valsequillo website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anarchaeology.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidCampbell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Virginia Steen-McIntyre's Classic Valsequillo website Reply with quote

Steve LeMaster, the former webmaster for Robert Schoch, has just completed Virginia Steen-McIntyre's website. There is a forum there using this same phpbb and I have registered there, though there are no messages yet posted. I have some questions to ask concerning the Tamtoc monolith and William P. Niven's discoveries at Atzcapotzalco but I do not have access to my reference book to formulate a question with specific dates and details at the moment. If you should decide to join the forum, be aware that a number of people, very critical of Steen-McIntyre's claims will also be reading if not joining in. These would be the same ones who found fault with Schoch's claims and even more so with Michael Cremo's and Frank Hibben's. There is a link to Cremo in the sidebar as well as the topic of Sandia Cave on the forum. Steve does a good job of webmastering but expect some fairly noxious trolls to put in an appearance.
http://www.valsequilloclassic.net/
Rokcet Scientist

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Virginia Steen-McIntyre's Classic Valsequillo website Reply with quote

DavidCampbell wrote:
[...] Steve does a good job of webmastering [...]

With black lettering on a dark brown background?
I beg to differ.
Minimalist

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
With black lettering on a dark brown background?

I thought it was my eyes.
Minimalist

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started reading Cremo's Forbidden Archaeology, one time. Hard to get in to and when he starts talking about human beings 20,000,000 years ago it is just too weird.

I suppose one of these days I'll pick it back up.
Rokcet Scientist

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not even gonna start...
DavidCampbell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the unabridged Forbidden Archeology shortly after it was published and it takes a certain amount of perseverence to wade through it all. The prime concept is knowledge filtration and the daunting task of getting past the initial rejection of the material due to a mindset emplaced by those filtration systems is the first hurdle in circumventing them. The compendium of out of place artifacts contains many examples which can be falsified but it is the process of falsification of those examples which is the primary value of the book. At its core it is a challenge to authority somewhat analogous to challenging philosophical/religious dogma in a gnostic kind of way. How may we know what is real? May truth be available to the individual or must it be handed down from a hierarchy, be it theocratical or secular? There was a discussion of this at Salon sometime back in an article titled "Priests in Lab Coats". I'll see if I can locate it again.* It was written by a member of the scientific establishment and caused a brief flurry of reaction by his colleagues. For some reason it reminded me of Martin Luther.
I think anybody who has found their way to this website is already predisposed to follow this line of inquiry. The question is: How far?
*http://dir.salon.com/story/books/int/2005/08/06/ruse/index.html
Minimalist

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
takes a certain amount of perseverence to wade through it all.

Exactly the right word.
frank harrist

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minimalist wrote:
I started reading Cremo's Forbidden Archaeology, one time. Hard to get in to and when he starts talking about human beings 20,000,000 years ago it is just too weird.

Too weird for you is pretty damn weird!
Minimalist

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No argument here.
TexasGuy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minimalist wrote:

I have read it a few dozen times myself. LOL I guess Im a mental masochist.

I dont know whether to believe it or not. so I stick with its possible till some one can show me it isnt.

but to my mind if these dates can be bourn out then there is certianly the possibility of some advanced civs rising and falling in the distant past. as so many legends tell us. no I dont think that means ALiens, crystal technology or moonlandings. unless we find a space craft buried 20 foot down next to a Prehistoric Time Life magazine.

but that to me is the point of researching and questioning.. in the end it may prove a myth, but till it is, I love trying to solve the mystery of who we are and where we came from.
DavidCampbell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mirror my own view of FA, Jon. I have learned more about archaeology just in trying to verify the various OOPARTS in FA than I ever would have following a course of mainstream anthropology. I've been called a faith based drivelista by some the old hardshell's here in Texas for wasting my time digging into what they dismiss out of hand. Ironically it calls to mind that phrase from the NT, "the stone rejected by the builders", though I am not what most would call religious. A phenomenon that I noticed some time back is that following a dead end often leads to even more fascinating "roads not taken". Like you I have a strong intuition that there is a whole unsuspected culture that is very different from the conventional paradigm of the peopling of the Americas, though it is very unlikely to be that conceived by Hancock and the Lost Civilization crowd. You hit upon it very well in that post about the myth of the hunter-gatherers. I feel very fortunate to have stumbled upon some clues first hand. This would never have happened if I had not encountered Forbidden Archeology and similar works which bridge the gap between the speculations of the more "out there" crowd and actual archaeological anomalies with empirical evidence to at least be considered.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anarchaeology.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: