Anarchaeology.com Forum Index Anarchaeology.com
Anarchaeology.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Robert Schoch - thoughts?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anarchaeology.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rokcet Scientist

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minimalist wrote:
Hey, R/S

You're going to love this.

http://phenomena.cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Alternate+History&action=page&type_id=&cat_id=&obj_id=820
Quote:
When will somebody stand up to the last great pharaoh, Dr Zahi Hawass? The current secretary-general of the Supreme Council of Antiquities (SCA) and Director of the Giza Pyramids rules the treasures of Egypt with an iron fist and an ego that rivals the Great Pyramid in size.

Laughing very entertaining, mini. Yes, he's a colorful bloke. An extremely difficult pascha to work with, I'm sure.
But just suppose he does find this 'Hall of Records'... Zahi's immortal place in history would be ensured. And, like we all know, that is what he's after, like many men before him: his immortal place in history.

BTW, that's a good idea you had about that Mandaean book. Give Arch my regards. I'll send Jean-Marie a copy too Wink
Minimalist

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Give Arch my regards. I'll send Jean-Marie a copy too

Those two should marry but not be allowed to reproduce.
Rokcet Scientist

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't that called "planned obsolescence"?
DavidCampbell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What goes down at Archaeologica.org, stays at Archaeologica.org Evil or Very Mad
Rokcet Scientist

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny you don't apply that 'rule' where geology is concerned, Dave... Wink
DavidCampbell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not clear as to what you mean, R/S. But to clarify my statement, I'm referring to the internecine squabbles that you attempted to transplant here when you arrived ie. your feuds with the Korean cat and others.
If you are referring to the Schoch vs. Hawass stuff of this thread, I had hoped this would die a natural death. Out of regard for Beagle who seemed to still be getting his bearings here, I did not administer the euthanasia as was my first impulse. There are other forums such as Graham Hancock and Hall of Ma'at to mention a couple where you can haggle over the Sphinx, the Gizamids and other arcane minutiae of Egyptology to your hearts desire. Geology may not be your cup of tea but it figures greatly into the projects I and others began here and it is unavoidable in inquiries which relate to whether objects and structures myself and others here have found here in North America are natural or manmade phenomena. As I stated in the "Helloooo" thread, I prefer the focus here to be on phenomena in the Americas, and even more specifically, related to projects which posters have first hand, on the ground experience. Likewise if anybody thinks they have found something that goes beyond the tacit limitations of orthodox anthropology/archaeology/geology, here in the Americas, such as extreme paleolithics, preAMH osteological anomalies, paleoclimatic catastrophy, this is the place to present it, as Charlie, DarmonVing, Dave Moore, TexasGuy and others have. If Old World comparisons, geological, archaeological, anthropological, paleoclimatological, paleontological, microbiological, etc. need to be made, that is fine, as long as some relevance is attempted.
If you have any issues regarding the way I run my site please address them using the PM function.
Beagle

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David - sorry for the misunderstanding on my part. I was not aware of the limitations of this forum. Mostly I didn't realize that this group concerned itself with just the Americas. I thought the question about Schoch was a sound geological question. Hopefully then, this post will end this thread.
Rokcet Scientist

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, Dave. When appropriate, I will.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anarchaeology.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: