Anarchaeology.com Forum Index Anarchaeology.com
Anarchaeology.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We got hacked again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anarchaeology.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldnick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: We got hacked again. Reply with quote

luckily, the good people at Hostica were able to restore our database.

I have since updated the forums to the latest version of phpbb. let me know via email if you have any problems since the update.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DavidCampbell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muy muchas gracias, Nick; these hacking episodes are nerve wracking. It's almost as bad as when the internet connection goes down, not that I'm a net addict or anything. Wink

I checked around and found out Turkeyboy Luc aka LuciferCihan has been defacing everything from HipHop to Ming dynasty discussions all over the net but especially at this phbb. It seems there's an Islamic Cyberjihad going on but I can't figure out who the players are or what particular burrs are under which saddles. The French I can sort of understand but the Armenian bit was really off the wall to one as geopolitically clueless as I am. What was really interesting at Zone-H which lists advisories for these defacements, is that the US security agencies seem to be stirring as much manure as anyone. The first thing that occured to me was that this guy was not even a Turk; the cookie sounded Israeli. Whatever, I wish they'd get their rocks off somewhere besides here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anarchaeology.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: