Anarchaeology.com Forum Index Anarchaeology.com
Anarchaeology.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rockwall Ties to Ancient Copper Mines in Michigan?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jschnyder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:56 am    Post subject: Rockwall Ties to Ancient Copper Mines in Michigan? Reply with quote

I came across a new website that you will want to see. Herbert Wagner found an ancient rock wall in Northern Wisconsin underwater. Check out the web page. If you were not familiar, there have been mysterious ancient copper mines (thousands of years old) found on Isle Royale in Wisconsin/Michigan.

http://www.atthecreation.com/ROAD/UNDERWATER.RD.html

The webpage has pictures that look similar to Rockwall's stone structures, he talks about a "Great Horned Water Serpent" and ancient diggings in Michigan.

I never though about a connection until I saw a stone from the Lake Huron area that had text very similar to the writing on the Rockwall stone. After seeing Herbert Wagner found a rockwall, and even a horned serpent (the artifact found in Rockwall could be a horned serpent), I wanted to see if anyone ever thought about the possibility of Rockwall being tied to the ancient copper mines in Michigan.

Speculation here....What if the Rockwall stone area was filled with water and was a dam or canal? There are pictures on the Quivira site with Iron Holes near the top of the wall. Ancient canals have been found thoughout the US - see this link. ( http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9B03E6D7143DF934A35755C0A9649C8B63

Just a thought.....
Jim
DavidCampbell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Jim, yes, the impermeable walls of Rockwall do form a natural cachement and water will generally be encountered within 30 feet of the surface. Such is not the case outside the 3X5 mile enclosure and hitting potable water in the southern section of the little county was problematic at best before the construction of Lake Ray Hubbard in 1965. Near Forney are mineral water springs long since clogged by sediments and presently covered by the lake. In the 19th century these had a great reputation for their curative powers and people would come from miles around to fill their jugs and barrels at the the springs. As I recall these were near the old Barnes Bridge Road crossing.

In the email I sent you I explained that while the Temple Mounds of Rockwall revealed a connection with the Pueblo II culture of New Mexico, the other mound/cities north to Spiro, south to the Gulf Coast and quite possibly to the Great Lakes indirectly, I do not think the buried walls fit within that segment of chronology. Aside from 18th century iron artifacts, bison remains and the curious image and petroglyphs found by Dr. Glen near the Royse City section of the walls, along with the inscription found by Sanders in 1949, very few artifacts have been found in direct association with the walls that can link them to any known culture in North America or anywhere else. There may be some in the hands of private individuals but as far as I know, they remain undisclosed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anarchaeology.com Forum Index -> Rockwall All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: