Anarchaeology.com Forum Index Anarchaeology.com
Anarchaeology.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Gallery added

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidCampbell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: New Gallery added Reply with quote

Nick, our webmaster finally got his lost software reinstalled and we have a new gallery featuring the Childress Creek Formation and the "French Drain" near Gladewater, Texas. I ran across a fascinating book written posthumously from the notes of William Niven, a mining engineer, who made some astounding discoveries of a buried city north of Mexico City during the Mexican Revolution between 1912 and 1930. His discovery included a series of pavements and rooms made of a white concrete material buried in alternating layers down to 30 feet interspersed with sterile layers suggesting flood events and volcanic eruptions of ash. As I've mentioned before, this mysterious concrete material pops up in numerous anomalous sites all over North America. Niven thought the older layers dated to 50,000 years which was considered insane back when the consensus of American archaeologists thought man had only been in the Americas 5000 years. Today, with similar dates claimed for Pendejo Cave, Topper, the Vasequillo Valley, and Burnham Ranch, Niven's work can be seen in a new light.
It is unfortunate that Niven's work was coopted by James Churchward, whose book on the Lost Continent of Mu threw Niven's work into the realm of hoaxers and lunatic fringers. I will have more to share after I obtain Niven's book but from some searches I've made, Niven's discoveries seem to be legitimate and a tripod red on buff tripod vase of the Teotihuacan style is on display at the Wesleyan Museum. Numerous tablets with an unknown writing system as well as thousands of terra cotta figurines are also in museums in Mexico and numerous private collections. It is interesting that these are from the same region as the Acambaro figurines which Julsrud found in the 40's and which were dated over 2000 years old by thermoluminescent dating. Though these have loudly been denounced as fakes by the skepical community, they are consistent with the ceramics of the Tarascans and other Chichimec groups of Western Mexico and have ties to the Hohokam as well as the petroglyphs of Hueco Tanks, 35 miles east of El Paso.
At any rate I think this is an intriguing line of research which ties into the interests of those of us looking at Mesoamerican footprints in the Southwest and perhaps Lower Mississippi.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anarchaeology.com Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: