Anarchaeology.com Forum Index Anarchaeology.com
Anarchaeology.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mike Price's Points, Ceramics and Shell Artifacts
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anarchaeology.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlie Hatchett

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some more of Mike's finds:

"Pregunte la Autoridad"
Mike

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie,Thanks for posting these pics.I will try to explain?I have always fished,and hike the beaches of Tx. I am always finding oddities of all types?frags,Fossils,artifacts are a regular thing. Most are of no signifagance, others are a find. I started finding these unusall Geo-facts, As time went on The pieces spoke for themselves? different from anything I have ever seen on any tx beach!And to say this many in 1 location.I took over our family room with lay-out and study.After having enough pieces to show this is not all geos, I started trying to contact different local experts? about these things, There intrest was else where,or it didnt have any monatery value,or they are just rocks,or geo-facts.no one to this time has give any of these things a second thought.I have explored these digs(pictured)and the crisp pieces are from this site?As for the other geos, Sandstone,clay I have found them scattered above the tide line,mixed with the jade and all other washed up debris. As I have found these pieces they are all found with in the area as the jade? As scattered debris gos, these materials are all found within approx 100yds to each side of the geo-catch?Now with that being said, I have looked further on to each side of this site and there are a small number of these pieces that can be found, not with any consentration.As I have sifted sand and clay above the site I have found other jade,clay and sandstone geos that seem to match the ones I have found exposed.I have done this to each side of this siteand have searched the entire length of the island and have concluded there is nothing left to be found.To tie this in. I have been working the river site for over a yr, I have found some of the artifacts shown on the other page, The white spokeshave knife is from there. I found the jade pre-form in that Cache of jade pictured. All jade is from sargent, That was the first evidence that I wasnt dealing with just any stone cache?As I have been studying all of the pieces togther it became clear to this amatuer there has to be a conection? when you look at all of these Geo-facts as an amatuer it is not hard to see there link?As for ID of these all I can do is guess? I have searched the web and all I have been able to find on any is on Bennets Ancient artifacts has a white bone piece looks like a match to mine,said (shamans hand wond)?As for the sand stone pieces there is a small variety of pieces,Possiable fish net weights,bolos,pendants? I have found more clay pieces,in types and shapes that look to have had sometype of use?I am still studying that?After david explained some,I have been looking at the Pre-post classic period and is there a possiabilitysome of this could have any relation to the toltec?I have found clay pieces at the river site. none to match but usable tools of some type (pictured).My conclusion? If this is a cache site, The geos I have found in concentration came out of that hole at some point?I dont know enough about research to try to back that up,I have tried to guess geography and all of the other ologys as time has gone?and I am out of my element.So I will let you that know more than I say?Iwill leave it there for thoughts. Be Gentle and Thanks! on the coast Mike Confused
DavidCampbell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, I have found a few of those semi-circular pieces up here on Caney Creek. When I first found them, my wife and I were sure they were some form of ceramic, maybe a neck from a broken pot or bottle. They are made of the same reddish material the appear in your photos. I saved them for years until I finally got a chance to show them to an archaeolgogist who simply said they weren't artifacts. I held onto them anyway as they are just too uniform and circular and the place where I found them is clay with widespread well sorted gravels. Even if natural they are just out of place in this geological context. If I had found them up in the Kiamichi's or out west around Gainesville, I would not have much problem dismissing them as ironrock oddities. I get the same feeling looking at the more uniform semicircular ones you have here; they look like broken ceramics. Hang onto them until you can get somebody who really knows the local geology to make an assessment for you. Here are some "toke stones" along with camel teeth, marine seashell and very crude artifacts from the North Sulphur mixed in with a fossil gastropod of some kind with a broken celt.

Mike

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Strange Brew Reply with quote

David, Thanks for the information!I have already learned more than I knew. I am going to Nocona to see a friend, he got moved and settled in and has a box of stones for me he found on his place?My wife is so happy Mad I will let you all study these things?I told charlie these things would probably draw flies? Very Happy or I said it could get Strange. On the coast headed north! Mike
DavidCampbell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, when you go to Nocona be on the lookout for some big stone wheels with holes in the center, kind of like I have here on the Colbert Creek gallery. I saw a picture of these along with some huge metates(grinding stones) in an informal museum owned by Mrs. Joe Benton east of Nocona in Steve Wilson's Oklahoma Treasures and Treasure Trails. Many of the Benton artifacts are from Spanish Fort which was actually a Taovaya village with a palisade of logs. This is where the allied tribes (Comanche, Kiowa, Taovaya, Wichita and others) defeated Parilla and broke the Spanish hold on North Texas in the 1700's. Some of the artifacts are way older than the Spanish Colonial though, and I suspect some go as far back as Early Archaic and Paleoindian. Get lots of photos; it's about 100 miles west of me and I don't get out that way anymore. The area is thick with extremely interesting artifacts, fossils and other things.
Charlie Hatchett

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike.

I've been getting your e-mails and photo attachements. I've been very occupied for the past several days, so I've not had time to review them and post them.

Is anybody here willing to help Mike out while I'm going a bit crazy. He's got some interesting stuff.

If so, let me know, and I'll forward his e-mails to you.

Peace

Cool

"Pregunte la Autoridad"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anarchaeology.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: