Anarchaeology.com Forum Index Anarchaeology.com
Anarchaeology.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Section Added

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldnick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 10:29 pm    Post subject: New Section Added Reply with quote

We've just added a section on Rockwall TX. Its listed as the Quivira Project. You may need to refresh your browsers to see it on the right-hand navigation frame.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DavidCampbell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: Cretaceous Kingdoms now uploaded Reply with quote

Photos of various geological anomalies from around the Texoma region are now available for viewing.Many of these bear more than a passing resemblence to photos being sent back from Mars by the rovers. I believe this is due to the fact that both the Martian sites and Texoma were sea bottoms at one time.However the Martian sites are likely millions of years older in origin.What is most intriguing is the profusion of what may be fossils from the Martian Gusev Crater.However be aware that here on Earth there are many bizarre formations from the ancient seabeds which are strictly geological.There is also the question of whether all of these are sedimentary or if some are the product of volcanic eruption or meteoric impact. Perhaps some are a combination of all of the above. I will strive to make notes on each of the thumbnails as time goes by. Images 47 through 53 are from the buried walls at Rockwall. If you have any questions in the meantime please refer to the images by numbers which are at the base of each thumbnail.Enjoy.
DavidCampbell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Discoids and Spheres Reply with quote

The new section at the top of the main page titled "Discoids and Spheres" shows a number of discoid stones I collected from a black shale formation just west of Wapanucka,Oklahoma. The third from the left top row with the cup like depression in the top is exceptional. I found it lodged in the roots of a tree at the top of the hill where the others were found.This is a county gravel quarry on the Upchurch ranch. The majority of the discoids were extracted from an uplifted strata of black shale exposed in gravel excavation by Gene Roe a county employee. Mr.Upchurch stated that dozens of these discoids had been pulled from the quarry over the years.The cupped discoid from the tree roots is a mystery though. Between the Holocene clay which surrounded it and the Jurrassic shale of the others is a difference of hundreds of millions of years.The area is full of such anomalies.In the calcareous blackland soils just east of the quarry,dozens of septarian nodules have been pulled up by plowing the Boggy River bottomlands.In the sections here on the Further up Sandy Creek pages you can see the peculiar masonry like formations on the eastern ridge of this river drainage.Three distinct lithic types are represented in the numerous artifacts regularly turned up in the pig pens along tributary streams.The last to occupy the area were the displaced Delawares who arrived with the Choctaws and Chickasaws at the end of the Trail of Tears in 1838. Wapanucka was the Delaware chief who settled his people here.It is my deduction from hints in the traditions of the Lenai Lenape (Delaware)that the Delaware were returning home to their ancestral home.
The last two photos in the section are from the Texas shore of Lake Texoma and look to be the same as the concretions in the "Pumpkin Patch" of California and a huge concretion from upstate New York which I have also included in the last row for reference.
The smaller "Moqui Marbles" in the section came from a seam in the black shale as did the strange rectangular stone plaque shown with them.Your comments are encouraged and welcome.
DavidCampbell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Another Malakoff Head? Reply with quote

Last week I took photos of an object I saw in a cactus garden in Ector,Texas three miles from my home.Upon closer examination it is a sandstone sphere about the size of a cantaloupe with two "eys" and a vestigal" nose ". there is an irregular ring around the bottom third vaguely similar to the discoids from Wapanucka. This may simply be a geofact but the finder also recovered mammoth teeth from the location where the head sits now.It was a pleasant surprise to find just the man I had been looking for in connection with the teeth which are now in the Fannin County Museum of History along with some newly acquired ones from near the site of Fort Warren on Choctaw Creek and Red River.The bad news is that Mr.Sellars the discoverer passed away some time ago and many answers died with him.
Additionally I found a collection of large stone spheres about the size of fifty gallon barrels being used as yard ornaments in the little village of Ravenna.I will get photos and try to post all these new finds as soon as possible.
Lastly I am inventorying my overflowing collection of burins,flakes and microblades(or starch fractures, as the case may be). I was motivated by photos of the Topper site artifacts which have again surfaced in the news.Hopefully my collection will contain some verifiable preClovis artifacts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anarchaeology.com Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: