Anarchaeology.com Forum Index Anarchaeology.com
Anarchaeology.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thread Length

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anarchaeology.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidCampbell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Thread Length Reply with quote

Coop made a good observation a while back that I think we need to address pretty soon. The "Anybody Ever Seen Anything Like This?" thread would probably run on to 100 pages if left alone. It contains tons of original valuable material and references which I don't want to get lost in a long unwieldy thread. Therefore, I suggest we cut it off at 30 pages and start a continuation "Anybody Ever Seen Anything Like This? II"

Also there are subtopics on that thread which probably deserve a thread of their own, such as the Caltran Site in California, Hueyatlaco (which seems to be discussed here as much as at Virginia's Classic Valsequillo site), other Extreme Paleo sites (as opposed to garden variety PreClovis sites such as Monte Verde, Meadowcroft, and Cactus Hill) and more recent Archaic to Mississippian sites. Geology needs a thread of its own too, because I know it puts some people to sleep. It often goes over my head at a dizzying rate, too but there's no avoiding it in many cases.

I don't know if there should be a separate thread for the politics of archaeology or not. It's easy to slip into conspiracy theory but as Frank has brought up, it needs to be addressed in terms of how it affects each of us in a direct pragmatic way. I think we can all do that without becoming strident as is often the case elsewhere. As I've said before, I want this to be an information exchange minus the flamefests that so often throw the signal to noise ratio out of whack. Our viewpoints vary here so by subdividing the topics you should be able to just skip over those that really freeze your chili.
Charlie Hatchett

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second the motion.

"Pregunte la Autoridad"
frank harrist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm shickled titless! Laughing
Charlie Hatchett

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm shickled titless! Laughing

And you sir, should have the honor of starting the new thread!

It's your post. Cool

"Pregunte la Autoridad"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anarchaeology.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: