Anarchaeology.com Forum Index Anarchaeology.com
Anarchaeology.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gloria Farley has died

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidCampbell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Gloria Farley has died Reply with quote

Gloria Farley who was instrumental in the formation of Runestone Park died at her home in Heavener, Oklahoma, Friday March 17, 2006. Mrs. Farley was a close associate of the late Barry Fell, whose publication of "America BC" in the late 70's created a renewed interest in PreColumbian contacts from various Old World cultures in the Americas. His work was widely condemned by the mainstream science community as pseudoscience in the same way as Thor Heyerdahl's similar theories of PreColumbian transoceanic navigation to the Americas. Gloria Farley added her own discoveries in Oklahoma, Arkansas and Texas to the body of physical evidence which Fell, Heyerdahl, Carter, Gordon and others had presented to substantiate their contentions that the Americas had been visited many times in the past by seafarers from various cultures.

As I stated in my introduction to this website, Gloria Farley greatly influenced my own interest in the subject of diffusion, or more properly, hyperdiffusion when I first got online and encountered the various communities devoted to it. Indeed, I must say that her work in Eastern Oklahoma indirectly led to my own modest discoveries presented here on this website. Gloria was working on a sequel to her, "In Plain Sight" in the last years of her life when her health and eyesight began to fail and there were some intriguing new discoveries made at Heavener near the Runestone around two years ago. Gloria's website, managed by Bart Torbert may be viewed here:
http://www2.privatei.com/~bartjean/mainpage.htm

Gloria will be deeply missed by all of us who ponder enigmas of the past.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anarchaeology.com Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: